Ramblings of an Errant Rogue

Trials and tribulations of an actor at large in Hollywood.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I am a living anachronism. I'm a "throw-forward" from another time. Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful to have been born here in the 20th century, because it gives me the luxury to play with and explore that pull I feel to history. A few years ago I caught the computer virus and I was never the same. That's been a very slow recovery. Despite my strange attraction to the dark side of life (or more accurately, my romantic idea of the dark side of life), I am an extreme optimist. Like the punching bag clowns of old... you can knock me down, but I come right back up smiling. NOTE: No attempt has been made by the above statement to tempt fate.

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Hubbub about Tom Cruise and Scientology

Wow! It's no wonder stories like these are newsworthy. So many people have to defend their beliefs because they desperately want to "be right!" Sadly, most have the idea that "I must be right and therefor you are WRONG." There are commonalities in most religions and wouldn't it be amazing if people could just look into their heart and do good for their fellow man regardless of race, gender, creed or any other man-imposed label? Scientology is not a path I choose to follow but I have explored many of the World's religions and have always kept an open mind. There can be a lot of good to be mined from religious thought... for that matter, there can also be a lot of good derived from atheistic thought as well. We're all just trying to find our way in the World, 'cause we don't know what comes after... if anything. Can't we all just live and let live and listen to others (or not) with a compassionate heart? IMAGINE! (I miss John Lennon ;-)

Peace.

1 Comments:

Blogger Wayne Allen Sallee said...

Hello, Wayne from Chicago here. You hit my blog awhile back about the "Dave Seville." Been a busy month with my writing and I really had meant to thank you for your comments. I'll keep stopping by your blog.

10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home